Wednesday 16 April 2014

Where in the world have I been?...

These last few months have been insane! -Hence the lack of posts since last year!

Let me take you for a walk down memory lane…

For those of you just finding my Blog for the first time, my last few posts I was almost due with our first Beautiful baby girl!

On September 30th, 2013 I had a visit with my OB. (Little did I know this would be the last visit to the actual office.) He did the usual check up, along with a sweep and stretch. He informed me I was 4cm Dilated and that I could go into labour any day now. Later in the evening I found myself laying in the bed in Triage after having several sever pains… thinking to myself THIS IS IT! I was then told the contractions I was feeling were only Braxton Hicks. (For those who do not know- they are fake contractions.) The Nurses sent me home after 3 hours and 2 walks later with no movement.

Anxious to meet our baby girl… the next week I found myself trying anything and everything to help move things along and put me into labour. Everyday I found myself hopping, jumping, rolling and bouncing on my exercise ball. I tried going for long walks, eating ice cream and going for walks, running up and down the stairs, doing jumping jacks, taking long baths, running up and down the stairs… but NOTHING seemed to work!

My due date of October 6th, 2013 came… still no baby!
My Mom would be over daily to make sure she didn't miss anything. After all, this would be her first Grandchild!

Devastated, with my Mom and Hubby home- we decided to order chinese and take a nightly walk. After still no movement, Mom went home and Hubby and I got ready for bed and laid down to watch a movie. About 20 mins into the movie and my mom just about ready for bed at home. My water breaks at 10:45pm! As we rush to get everything, my contractions get closer and closer together getting more and more painful. These pains were MUCH more painful then the Braxton Hicks! haha

We got to the hospital at 11:15pm where my Mom met us. Walking up to the Birth Centre was probably the longest and most painful walk I will ever take. I was taken to Triage first where they immediately saw how far along I was and sent me directly to my Birthing room. When I arrived to Triage I was 6cm dilated. When they checked again in the Birthing Room I was 8cm. This baby was coming- AND FAST!!!!! As i squeezed my hubbies hand (and nearly breaking it), and with next to nothing for breaks between contractions… I realized my Mom was no where to be seen. (The nurse had forgotten her in the waiting room!!)

Just in time, my Mom makes it for her Beautiful Granddaughter and Our Beautiful little girl's arrival! At 12:45am on October 7th, 2013 I gave birth to Mya Alivia!

I won't go into detail about all the pushing and birth but I will tell you- They had ordered me an Epidural, which was not quick enough for my speedy 2 hour delivery. So I had no choice but to give birth NATURALLY! Now- looking back at the day today, I am so happy I did and wouldn't have had it any other way!

Mya is now 6 months old- MAN THAT FLEW BY! And I am one happy Momma! She is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and seizes to amaze me everyday! Always putting a smile on my face- even when I'm in the worst of moods. Being a Momma is honestly the best experience one could live.

-From one Happy Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment