Put down whatever you are doing and try this NOW!!!! This is probably without a doubt, THE BEST grilled cheese I have yet to try!
I unfortunately do not have pictures to share, but I promise, it is as yummy (or even better) as it sounds!!!!
What you will need:
- 2 slices of Bread of choice
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into slices
- Cream cheese
- 3 or 4 slices of Brie Cheese, without rind (you can substitute Brie for Mozzarella too)
- Butter or Margarine
1. Preheat frying pan between low and medium setting. Add a bit of butter or margarine to pan. Add apple slices. (You will only need enough slices to cover bread, so you choose if you want to fry them all or just eat them raw on the side.) Fry until golden brown on both sides. They will cook a bit more in the sandwich later.
2. Butter both pieces of bread, on one side each. Place one piece, butter side down into the same frying pan as your apples and cook for 1 min to melt butter in. Remove.
3. Take that same piece of bread you just fried and spread cream cheese onto the side without butter.
4. Now return that piece of bread back to the frying pan, butter side down again. On top of the cream cheese, place your fried slices of apples.
5. Place cut pieces of brie on top of the apple slices and the other piece of bread, butter side facing up.
6. Cook both sides until golden brown. (About 5 mins.)
7. Enjoy! :) You can thank me after all your tummies are filled with goodness. ;)
Post a Comment